Thursday, March 15, 2012

I listen to her..the cherry tree



As I walk back or forward - for the matter- towards Trocadero, I see her...how could I not?  Standing there like a posing bride in full awareness of her glamour…on both sides are her brides maids, standing slightly to the back, knowing gracefully that it is not their turn yet.. manifesting a more slender type of glamour..

There she stood, unable and unwilling to hide her festive joy “Today, I burst with love.  Look at me, all in white, I celebrate new life” I gaze at her enchanted like a 5-year old girl in a wedding.   I joyfully look down to collect the white rice dots sprinkled upon her for her good luck and now fallen to the grass..
I try to leave… but as a naughty kid, I just can’t help it, I approach… and now that I am close enough, I stretch my arms and pick a bead from her embroidered dress... I am about to run away quickly but I know that, in her joy, she will forgive me..
I continue ahead (now I know it is ahead J) ,  I become aware of another Asian guest taking a photo of her… and I am a bit surprised by how close the writing muse and I have become closely connected during this trip.  I realize how – for the pietons in Paris- I might have looked a bit weird.  Holding a notebook and a pen – rather than a brush or a camera-  standing there… staring at her from all angles as if a certain shot was bound to happen “ I was simply listening to her” I say in my defense for any probable accusation.
I am thinking of calling a friend and giving out all the news about this incessable urge for writing…...” It is like when you are at the beach.. you think of the sea.. you know how good it feels.. you want to go there and you have dipped there many times before, but you cannot by any means get wet until you are actually in it- except God forbid- by some splashes of creativity..
But once you are there and you can immerse in it… it is totally different.  You are still the same person- dry only a few moments ago- but you can take from it and fill your buckets..you can let water penetrate each hair in your locks..and eventually water will have to go into your eyes.. in your nose and even your head..
Then, you can get all salty. wet, blue fresh as much as the sea..

No comments:

Post a Comment