Friday, January 27, 2012

Welcome Weekend!

It is always cool to know that tomorrow you do not need to wake up early for school, or work or whatever, that tomorrow is the day you linger in bed as long as you want (or so you hope). That is one of the coolest things about weekends.

But for sometime now, weekends have sort of become a nuisance in a way.  I enjoy the laziness, the rest, the free time, being with the family, but I end it up feeling as if I lost something.

Analyzing it in my head, here is what happens in the weekend.  I wake up leisurely some times, in other times -for unknown reasons- the members of the family exert dedicated effort to wake me up one after another either asking me about "where that key is?" or posing scientific or linguistic dilemmas such as "what is the difference between emperor and king?" (usually those are posed incessantly by my son).

Then comes the family breakfast, followed by quite a lazy stance, where I have no idea what happens.  By the time I get ready to go and visit my parents or do some errands, it is almost 5 pm!  It is dark and cold, and it feels like the day is over.  Worth mentioning is that, since the whole family is around, some arguments aris with the kids concerning study, setting the table and so forth.... and sometimes - to be honest, quite often- those arguments increase that it becomes no longer enjoyable.  We seem to upset each other, instead of having fun together.

The conclusion of my Friday is not so OK.   The same applies for Saturday.

It is as if in my attempt to free the weekend days from programmed activities and from stress, I lose them, and one of the things I hate most is losing time.  It is so disappointing and frustrating to let time squander like this.  May be this is due to the times when I was soo stressed, when I had too much on my plate and I learned to appreciate what time means, and what time can be used for.

In all cases, I do hate wasting precious time and it so correlates with wasting potential in a way, and these I guess are two of the things that stand against my values.  Mind you, relaxation is not wasting time, not at all. It is a legitimate and a loved activity.  If I make time to relax, to de-stress, to have a nice drink or dinner watching a nice TV ON PURPOSE, while I relax is good.  What is NOT good is sitting like a vegetable on the couch munching whatever, because I do not know where to start or whether to start or not.

And so, today, another new Friday... a new weekend....I have put a new rule.  It states that Fridays are mainly fun, and Saturdays are mainly work and getting ready.  I also decided to get action-oriented (as I advise my daughter) and put some activities right from the start.  Today, I started a new habit of drinking a bottle of water upon waking up, then I researched some more info on the website (it did not take long, otherwise it slows me down), now I am blogging, because I do not want this new habit too to slip away.  Later in the day we shall go out and have fun, and also I plan to do some studying.

I do not remember who it was, but one of the best self development writers said that it is always advisable to start the day with some "personal victory"  so that you feel that already you have achieved something, done something beneficial for yourself,  felt the taste of victory right from the start!

This weekend will not be full of lazy arguments and lack of fun...
Enjoy your weekends, and weekdays :) same concept in a way..

No comments:

Post a Comment