Thursday, February 7, 2013

moving away...from what you enjoy

How lovely it is to come back.  I was editing my blogs in preparation of the book, some of which were here, and others and I realized what a fantastic time it was to write here.  I realized that this was (and still is ) a magical place for me.  Here I come back.  Here I smile a lot.  Here I realize. And here, of course, I write which is to me magic. Before writing regularly, I remember some of my light-flooded thoughts used to evaporate, but here they crystalize and remain with me forever.

And I realized something else.  If writing here in this blog is so much fun, so full of creativity for me, so gratifying and at the same time free, enjoyable and easy, why did I stop?  I know I have been very busy travelling within Egypt and outside Egypt, finishing my Neuro Linguistic programming certification and jiggling life as usual... but these are exactly what they sound like: justifications, that you give to others to avoid looking wrong.  In reality the question is from me to me: since I enjoy it that much, why have I stopped filling my life with it?

And then...the meta question pops up "what else have you given up?"  Ask yourself this question, please.  Some give up art, or outings..or cooking.  You may have a million correct and logical justifications, but how can they help sweeten the days? those justifications I mean. They don't. Whereas doing what you love and enjoy if even for a few minutes does extend roots to yourself...does multiply joy. 

So, look back and look ahead, and wonder " What nice thing I want to be doing?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment