Sunday, April 1, 2012

Attraversiamo

I sit with a client.. a brilliant one..She says "I have not really met my real self...yet" to which I reply
 "But I have met her.." "She is brave, young, creative, fun, persistent...she is strong, optimistic and realistic..she love life" I ask her "what conjures her up in our sessions?" She is silent for  a few moments and then she says many things ..she says "because you are already on my side.. we are crossing together"...

It is not only my brilliant client... it is all of us... Acceptance for what we are..we all need that.  We spend too much time.. too much of our life in trying to prove ourselves to others.. trying to prove we are worthy..or we are ethical.. or we did not mean it.. or that we love them...or that we are originally not so stupid... or not so bad...

We spend too much time justifying... unconsciously pleading for acceptance... begging internally for a check mark to be put on us..so we can move on...

When all we need is someone already on our side... someone who will know that we are good.. that we are beautiful...that we are fine...the way we are... so instead of continuously struggling to prove who we are and acquit ourselves from all the framed accusations...we just hold hands...we just walk together.. we just know inside that we are on the same side... and we cross...and I borrow Elizabeth Gilbert's "attraversiamo".................

Don't justify yourself... Don't hire a lawyer..when you can fill the world with your songs... when you can tour the world on foot...Hold hands and cross... and when there is no one out there to hold on to... search for this brilliant self inside you too... meet her.. have coffee..hold hands and both you - in total acceptance- cross..

No comments:

Post a Comment